MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation : {Review}

Mac Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 Foundation
Shade: NC 35
Size: 30 ml (1.0 fl oz)
Price: Approx.  $32 CAD/each
Where to buy: maccosmetics.com
Rating: 2/5
Likes: The flawless finish; smooth buildable coverage; easy to apply
Dislikes: Irritated my skin, white cast in flash photos 

Their Claim: A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free.

Suitable for: All skin types *I'm Dry to Normal

image: google search




My Experience
Wearing MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC35 in the summer
  I purchased this foundation around christmas of 2010 when i finally got matched correctly. A few years prior, i was in Toronto and visited a mac store where the makeup artist attempted to match me but failed to do so with a decent shade. I didn't like the shade because it didn't match my skintone properly and i wasn't about to pay for that. So anyways, right before christmas last year i was visiting the mall and decided to try and get matched again. I was out of my Clinique foundation and wanted to try mac since i've heard such good things about mac for years. I was matched and the finish was nearly flawless- i loved it! However, after using this foundation for a few days it started to irritate my skin and left my face with small little pimples. Now i've never had acne so i know it's not that- it was some sortof allergic reaction. I did stop using it until my face cleared up and gave it another shot to see if it really was the mac foundation--- it was. As much as i like the flawless finish it gave my face, i could not sacrifice a flawless finish if it was going to irritate and ruin my face. Sadly, i had to stop using it.
 
Verdict
The Mac studio fix fluid foundation is a nice foundation apart from irritating my skin. It has a thick consistency (not too thick and not watery) that is easy to apply with a foundation brush. I didn't really have any issues with the foundation streaking and it did not dry too fast either. I would classify this foundation as full coverage in my opinion, or medium to buildable. It is definitely a buildable coverage foundation. I don't wear concealer when i use this foundation; it covers flaws so easily without too much product. Other than the irritation on my skin, the other thing i didn't like about this foundation was the fact that it made my face very pale in some photos taken with a flash because of the spf in the formulation.

Re-purchase? No
Have you tried this foundation? 

3 comments:

November 29, 2011 at 1:06 AM Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

I like the results with this foundation too, but it also irritated my skin. In fact, I am breaking out now because of it. Wish they made something better.


http://www.thegirlieblog.com

November 29, 2011 at 2:03 AM Sara said...

I will never go for this one. Have read that it breaks out and appears very yellow and as you've mentioned, it makes one look pale in flash photography. Too bad! Thanks for sharing :)

November 29, 2011 at 12:00 PM Beauty Style Addict said...

It is quite unfortunate that it irritated my skin because it does give a nice finish. Overall though, it wasn't worth it for me sadly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Beauty Style Addict
Revolution Elements by Blozard. Original WP theme by Jason Schuller | Distributed by Deluxe Templates